If you wear glasses you will have, no doubt, felt a little unsure about how much make-up is too much make-up when it is magnified. About six months ago I joined the rest of the glasses wearing population and donned my first pair of prescription glasses. I’d always thought glasses were pretty cool but when faced with choosing one pair that I’d have to wear every day, I faced a masive challenge. But not quite as big a problem as when I sat down to do my make-up the next morning. I’ve always liked to make eyes the focus of my make-up but now they are the focus as my glasses frame them:
|This photo shows the glasses but not really the make-up –
I can’t find any better ones – sorry!
After half a year of wearing my glasses and doing my make-up every day, I thought I’d share with you my top tips for making your eyes centre of attention for the right reasons:
- First, make sure to add a little concealer underneath the eyes. Any dark circles will be very visible with your glasses. Use something like the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Complexion Highlighter or Laura Mercier’s Under Eye Perfecter.
- Line your eyes. I find that lining my eyes makes them look that bit neater. For thicker frames you can afford to draw a heavier line with even a bit of an Amy Winehouse winged effect. But for thinner frames or even no frame, keep the liner a little lighter. For thick frames, I’d suggest a gel liner, like Bobbi Brown’s Long Wear Gel Eyeliner and for thinner frames, a pencil like Yves Saint Laurent’s Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Long-Wear Eyeliner.
- For day wear, I’d suggest keeping eyelids simple with a clean sweep of colour, like Laura Mercier’s Matte Eye Colour in Café Au Lait or Cashmere.
- For night wear, add a little drama and make sure your eyes do all the talking with Laura Mercier’s Classic Smoky Eye Palette.
- Make sure to curl your lashes for maximum impact, use Clinique’s High Impact Curling Mascara or Lancôme’s Hypnose Drama. For nighttime why not try a coloured mascara, like Benefit’s BADgal Plum Mascara.
- Finally, finish the look by tidying your brows, using either Benefit’s Browzing compact or Dior’s Powder Eyebrow Pencil.
If you wear glasses, what are your tips for applying eye make-up?
|Please nominate me in the “Established Fashion Blog” category|