Of this week’s topic for Friend Friday, Katy says:
“This was partly fueled by a suggestion from Suz of MissVinylAhoy and partly by my own realization that I like some odd things since I started blogging – things I never would have looked twice at before.”
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
I am definitely more adventurous when shopping now. Colour has mades its way into my wardrobe a lot more since I started my blog. I am also a little more careful about what I buy, since doing the 30 for 30 challenge and reading other blogs, I try to think about how new purchases will fit into my wardrobe and have a mental list of things I look for in sales.
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
I don’t dress too differently to how I did before I started blogging, I guess I have just “honed” my style a little more. I remember years and years ago, my best friend told me that my style was kind of “timeless”. (I think this was even when we were back in school!!) I like to think that this is still the case.
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?
Ankle socks and shoes. After being forced to wear socks with my shoes when I was at school by my mother, I never thought I would actually feel like I wanted to do it! I tried it out a few weeks ago – I’m still not sure how I felt about the trend on me but I still like it… secretly!
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?
Bold lip colour. I love the look, particularly against tanned skin but I never think it looks right on me. (As seen on the catwalk at Jil Sander, amongst others!)
5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?
Katie of What Katie Wore is always boldly dressed and fabulous at the same time! However I have to admit that the bloggers that inspire me the most aren’t those who necessarily push the boundaries but those who are consistent and always chic, bloggers like V at Grit and Glamour and Veshoevius of The Taxonomy of my Wardrobe and Jazzabelle of Jazzabelle’s Diary. Amongst many many others!
What trends do you wish you were bold enough to try? Which bloggers’ style inspires you?