It is that time of year again, a new year approaches and an old year comes to an end. It is a nostaglic time and it is easy to look back and forget to look forward too. You will probably have already noticed that many bloggers have begun to think about making resolutions: what they intend to do on their blog in the next 12 months, where they want their blog to “go”, how they will achieve these goals. It seems only natural then that the Friend Friday group should also be considering their Resolutions for the coming year and share them with you here:
1. What’s the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
In January of 2010 wrote my New Year’s Resolutions for my blog for the past year:
1. To blog every day – that I can!
2. To be better about weekly posts – like Monday Morning Pic-Me-Ups!
3. To find two new blogs each day and say “hi” to some ‘new’ bloggers regularly – as well as saying “hello again” to old friends!
4. To dedicate some time to making a proper go of the blog – from February I will have finished my masters and will be able to devote a month or two to this!! :))
5. To get a couple of give-aways up and running
6. I will try my best to reply to comments.
The first five I have successfully achieved. I think. Tell me if you think I’m wrong? But the last one I have been having more trouble sticking to. Life seems to get in the way and I get more focussed on writing a new blog post than going back and responding to comments. Forgive me? I do read every single comment left for me and I love every single one. So thank you. I will attempt to be much much better in 2011 at responding to comments but if you have a specific question you require an answer to, please email me.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
2010 was the year that I really began to take my blog seriously and I have realised that I need at least a minimal html knowledge to keep it going. Therefore, for 2011, I plan to learn more and more about this “foreign language” and to put my new-found knowledge into practice by making the blog more professional than ever.
Oh yes, and to learn what the hell SEO actually is!!
3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
For 2011, I aim to continue to reach our to other bloggers and to forge more relationships.
My number one aim for the first part of the year is to get to London during London Fashion Week: to soak up the atmosphere, see all of the fashionable people and to meet some of the bloggers whose blogs I have followed for months.
More comments would always be nice 🙂
And a little money for some new shoes. Of course!
4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?
Difficult question! A good question but oh-so difficult. There are so many wonderful bloggers who I would love to collaborate with. But I really must choose one, I guess it would be Jill, of Street Style London, on a street style-esque shoot. I love Jill’s photos which are always well composed. I’m not sure what part I would play in this shoot. Maybe I could carry her bag?! Haha!
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
I have recently run a 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar featuring a different blogger profile behind each virtual door. This series received really positive feedback from the bloggers who were involved and I would like to extend the profiles for the following year, maybe one a month? (If you’re interested in being featured, please email me.)
If you are a blogger, what resolutions are you making this year regarding your blog? If you’re not a blogger, are you making resolutions? What are they?
To see the other Friend Friday bloggers’ resolutions, remember to visit ModlyChic, where you can also find more information about joining the group.