The sheer shirt look might not be so appropriate for work-wear but these ladies are demonstrating how the animal print trend can still look smart.
These looks were from the catwalk at Westfield a couple of weekends ago when I was in London. Animal print was a big trend on the Autumn/Winter catwalks, back in February and the high street have followed suit, offering a multitude of options for the fashionable shopper.
Whether you’re looking to up-date your work wardrobe with the season’s new print or you plan to go all out when you’re going out, here is your guide on How to… wear animal print anywhere:
1. For work, look for subtle prints, like the dress, above on the catwalk.
2. If wearing separates – like trousers and a shirt – make sure that only one piece is in print and keep the other to a plain block colour, like black, white or grey. For example, team these Next Animal Print Harem Trousers with a plain black tee, like this Unisex Le New Big Tee from American Apparel.
3. If you’re looking to have some animal print in your non-working life, why not go for Topshop’s Knitted Animal Dress, with black accessories this will not look too overpowering.
4. My favourite pair of shoes for years were a pair of leopard print ballet pumps from New Look – I wore them until the soles literally fell off! The great thing about a pair of leopard print pumps is that they go with everything. Try these Topshop Leopard Mesh Pumps or these New Look Velvet Leopard Pumps. Or, if pumps aren’t your thing, you could grab a pair of these New Look Leopard Brogues or a pair of Dorothy Perkins Leopard Print Point Toe Court Shoes.
5. If you’d rather not go all out on the animal print but still want to get in on the trend, why not choose an accessory in the print, like this Warehouse Abstract Animal Scarf, or this Superfluffy Snood from Topshop, or even this Tosphop Leopard Print Beret.
Will you be adding animal print to your wardrobe this season?
Box above: clockwise from top left; Topshop Knitted Animal Dress; New Look Leopard Brogues; Dorothy Perkins Grey Leopard Print Umbrella; Tosphop Leopard Print Beret; Dorothy Perkins Black Leopard Dial Watch; Dorothy Perkins Pink Leopard Lace Trim Shorts; Dorothy Perkins Leopard Print Point Toe Court Shoes; and Topshop Leopard Satin Frame Purse.