Last night I watched Dreamgirls. I had seen it before but enjoyed it much more the second time around. I loved the music but also the costumes. It got me thinking about fashion in films and, more particularly, fashion films. So I decided to compile a top 10 of these. It was harder that I expected! (The first five came easily but the final five were a little more difficult.)
1. Coco Avant Chanel – so so obvious. And a MUST see.
2. The Devil Wears Prada. Again, no need to explain. I hope!
3. Sex and the City: The Movie. Carrie’s style is awe-inspiring.
4. The September Issue. Technically, a documentary but HAD to be included. I have the DVD but still haven’t watched it.
5. Confessions of a Shopaholic. My icon.
6. Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Audrey Hepburn’s Holly Golightly made the LBD the icon that it is.
7. In Her Shoes. For any shoe-addict.
8. Zoolander. Tries to prove that models aren’t as stupid as their stereotype.
9. Factory Girl. Edie Sedgwick inspired hair cuts, smoky eyes, statement earrings, t-shirt dresses. The influences are endless!
10. Brüno. The misadventures of a gay Austrian fashion report. Need I say more?!
Do you agree? Tell me.